Ricky Martin, Jane Lynch, Celebrities React to Obama's Support of Marriage Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 09 2012 5:35 PM ET
Below are some of the more notable reactions to the Obama interview.
I applaud President @barackobama for affirming that ALL Americans should enjoy equal rights. Historic! I will be a very proud host on Monday
Pretty darn happy today. Thanks Mr President, for supporting the dignity of my family and so many others!
THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT
I have2 gay siblings that have been in long term family relationships 4over 25 yrs each-Bat Mitzvah in June-marriage equality is pro family!
viva Obama who has just endorsed gay marriage. right on time drop a dime blow your mind.
How many young lives did the President just save by saying that he supports them today?
OMG, it's official! Obama becomes 1st president to support gay marriage!!! Historic day!
I am soooo PROUD of you PRESIDENT OBAMA YES YES YES it is about time. Marriage Equality is so very very important.
The President has just stated publicly that he believes "same sex marriage should be legal". I am proud. Thank you @BarackObama
Thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
thank you Mr. President for your support of gay marriage...
Well done, Mr. President. Well done indeed!
Such an exciting day!!! xoRZ RT @BarackObama"Same-sex couples should be able to get married."βPresident Obama
Actually, now that Obama has come out in support of gay marriage, I feel less pressure to find a woman to marry
Good for you Mr. Obama. Good for you.
Thank you to @BarackObamafor taking a forward-thinking stance on equality for all gay Americans and for supporting gay marriage.
Thank you President @BarackObamafor your beautiful and brave words. I'm overwhelmed.
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
- WATCH: For Father's Day, This 10-Year-Old Wants Job Security for Her Gay Dads
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM