Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Gloria Vanderbilt, from Anderson Cooper
OK, so your mother is famous for her great taste and artistic skills, among other things. She's slightly richer than God. Her decorating theme is sophisticated lunacy, so why not expand her collection with one of Click Mort's "recapitations?"
Click Mort’s work centers on indiscreet modifications to existing porcelain figurines. Each piece is a unique consolidation of two or more previously unrelated figures, with extensive cutting, sculpting, sanding, and painting required to unify them into a new, seamless whole. The result is kitsch resurrected in a still vaguely familiar but somewhat less cozy form.
These are both disturbing and very cool and playful. Think how cute one of these knickknacks would look among the Fabergé eggs and blanc de chine foo dogs?
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'