Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 12:40 PM ET
To Gloria Vanderbilt, from Anderson Cooper
OK, so your mother is famous for her great taste and artistic skills, among other things. She's slightly richer than God. Her decorating theme is sophisticated lunacy, so why not expand her collection with one of Click Mort's "recapitations?"
Click Mort’s work centers on indiscreet modifications to existing porcelain figurines. Each piece is a unique consolidation of two or more previously unrelated figures, with extensive cutting, sculpting, sanding, and painting required to unify them into a new, seamless whole. The result is kitsch resurrected in a still vaguely familiar but somewhat less cozy form.
These are both disturbing and very cool and playful. Think how cute one of these knickknacks would look among the Fabergé eggs and blanc de chine foo dogs?
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 19 min 8 sec ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 25 min 15 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 44 min 52 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 58 min 46 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 14 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 26 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 43 min ago