Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Gloria Vanderbilt, from Anderson Cooper
OK, so your mother is famous for her great taste and artistic skills, among other things. She's slightly richer than God. Her decorating theme is sophisticated lunacy, so why not expand her collection with one of Click Mort's "recapitations?"
Click Mort’s work centers on indiscreet modifications to existing porcelain figurines. Each piece is a unique consolidation of two or more previously unrelated figures, with extensive cutting, sculpting, sanding, and painting required to unify them into a new, seamless whole. The result is kitsch resurrected in a still vaguely familiar but somewhat less cozy form.
These are both disturbing and very cool and playful. Think how cute one of these knickknacks would look among the Fabergé eggs and blanc de chine foo dogs?
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- WATCH: Kim Kardashian Says Family in Therapy, Totally Supportive