Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 1:40 PM ET
To Barbra Streisand, from Jason Gould
Well, Jason, the easy answer here is a husband for you and and a grandchild for her. Are we right?
But maybe that's not what you want right now. That's cool. Instead show your mom you're a stand-up dude.
You guys both have a great political sense and philanthropic nature. Sure, she's loaded with talent, but you have made some great films yourself. We'd suggest donating your time to the Los Angeles Gay Men's Chorus's collaboration with It Gets Better and Speak Theater Arts. They are doing a nationwide tour of a new theater piece titled It Gets Better, building on the phenomenon that was created by Dan Savage.
You know they could use a boost from a powerhouse like yourself. Do it in your mother's name and present her with a card letting her know what you're doing. And you never know, there might be some cute young baritone that you hit it off with.
Here's the Kickstarter page to get you going.
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Op-ed: Ireland's Marriage Decision Will Reverberate Around the World
- WATCH: Stephen Fry Goes Gaelic for Irish Marriage Equality