Gift Suggestions for Very Special Mothers
BY Christopher Harrity
May 10 2012 12:40 PM ET
To Barbra Streisand, from Jason Gould
Well, Jason, the easy answer here is a husband for you and and a grandchild for her. Are we right?
But maybe that's not what you want right now. That's cool. Instead show your mom you're a stand-up dude.
You guys both have a great political sense and philanthropic nature. Sure, she's loaded with talent, but you have made some great films yourself. We'd suggest donating your time to the Los Angeles Gay Men's Chorus's collaboration with It Gets Better and Speak Theater Arts. They are doing a nationwide tour of a new theater piece titled It Gets Better, building on the phenomenon that was created by Dan Savage.
You know they could use a boost from a powerhouse like yourself. Do it in your mother's name and present her with a card letting her know what you're doing. And you never know, there might be some cute young baritone that you hit it off with.
Here's the Kickstarter page to get you going.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship