Hollywood History: Get a Piece of the Rock
BY Christopher Harrity
June 22 2012 5:41 PM ET
A Rock Hudson signed letter
Single page, typed letter dated August 28, 1951, addressed to "Mr. Hodge," referring to Ken Hodge, Hudson's first long-term boyfriend. The letter states that as of the date of the letter, "any and all agreements, particularly that agreement dated August 4, 1949, shall be considered null and void" with the payment of $1,200 to Hodge. The letter is signed in blue ink by Hodge and "Roy H. Fitzgerald PKA Rock Hudson." Hodge is also credited with creating Hudson's stage name.
10 x 8-1/2 inches
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication