Hollywood History: Get a Piece of the Rock
BY Christopher Harrity
June 22 2012 5:41 PM ET
A Rock Hudson signed letter
Single page, typed letter dated August 28, 1951, addressed to "Mr. Hodge," referring to Ken Hodge, Hudson's first long-term boyfriend. The letter states that as of the date of the letter, "any and all agreements, particularly that agreement dated August 4, 1949, shall be considered null and void" with the payment of $1,200 to Hodge. The letter is signed in blue ink by Hodge and "Roy H. Fitzgerald PKA Rock Hudson." Hodge is also credited with creating Hudson's stage name.
10 x 8-1/2 inches
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'