Hollywood History: Get a Piece of the Rock
BY Christopher Harrity
June 22 2012 5:41 PM ET
A Rock Hudson signed letter
Single page, typed letter dated August 28, 1951, addressed to "Mr. Hodge," referring to Ken Hodge, Hudson's first long-term boyfriend. The letter states that as of the date of the letter, "any and all agreements, particularly that agreement dated August 4, 1949, shall be considered null and void" with the payment of $1,200 to Hodge. The letter is signed in blue ink by Hodge and "Roy H. Fitzgerald PKA Rock Hudson." Hodge is also credited with creating Hudson's stage name.
10 x 8-1/2 inches
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion