Miley Cyrus Confesses Her Love for London's Gays
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 12:55 PM ET
Miley Cyrus loves the way her gay fans in London make her feel.
"I just feel like when I go to Europe, I feel very free with my fan base," she told Bang Showbiz, saying London is her favorite place to perform "because I have never seen more gay people in my whole life."
It was in London that she gave a headline-making raucous performance at club G-A-Y a couple years back. And her sister, Noah, was sporting a British cell phone case in a November tweet. The atmosphere is different there, Miley Cyrus says, than her home in the United States.
"I feel like they are so much more open, much more than here in the U.S. where they're feeling trapped," Miley Cyrus told Bang Showbiz, "where it's like, 'Can I even say I believe in gay marriage? Can I say that my favorite fans are my gay fans?' Am I allowed to say that, because half of America is still against it?"
Miley Cyrus is an outspoken supporter of LGBT rights, even donning a pro-equality tattoo on her finger that got her hate mail from antigay Christians.
Miley Cyrus fans can check out her newest video from the "Backyard Sessions" below. In it, Miley Cyrus covers "Jolene" and still has her longer locks, before her new short cut that had Ellen DeGeneres's admiration.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 25 min 28 sec ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 1 hour 22 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 1 hour 25 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM