Magic Johnson's Son Hits Sunset Strip With Friend
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 2:14 PM ET
Updated, 4/16: The headline has been changed to reflect that the man with Johnson is not his boyfriend, but Johnson's best friend.
Magic Johnson says he and his wife support their 20-year-old gay son, Earvin Johnson III.
"Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way," he told TMZ. "We're very proud of him."
EJ, a New Yorl University student, was out on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles last week walking hand in hand with his best friend. He said he would "hope and pray" for the Los Angeles Dodgers (which his father now co-owns) to have a good season. They're off to a good start, with an opening day win against the San Francisco Giants, 4-0.
Watch EJ's comments on Dodger Stadium's new renovations:
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers