Magic Johnson's Son Hits Sunset Strip With Friend
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 2:14 PM ET
Updated, 4/16: The headline has been changed to reflect that the man with Johnson is not his boyfriend, but Johnson's best friend.
Magic Johnson says he and his wife support their 20-year-old gay son, Earvin Johnson III.
"Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way," he told TMZ. "We're very proud of him."
EJ, a New Yorl University student, was out on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles last week walking hand in hand with his best friend. He said he would "hope and pray" for the Los Angeles Dodgers (which his father now co-owns) to have a good season. They're off to a good start, with an opening day win against the San Francisco Giants, 4-0.
Watch EJ's comments on Dodger Stadium's new renovations:
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- Russian Pol Calls for Lifetime Ban on Tim Cook