Magic Johnson's Son Hits Sunset Strip With Friend
BY Michelle Garcia
April 02 2013 2:14 PM ET
Updated, 4/16: The headline has been changed to reflect that the man with Johnson is not his boyfriend, but Johnson's best friend.
Magic Johnson says he and his wife support their 20-year-old gay son, Earvin Johnson III.
"Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way," he told TMZ. "We're very proud of him."
EJ, a New Yorl University student, was out on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles last week walking hand in hand with his best friend. He said he would "hope and pray" for the Los Angeles Dodgers (which his father now co-owns) to have a good season. They're off to a good start, with an opening day win against the San Francisco Giants, 4-0.
Watch EJ's comments on Dodger Stadium's new renovations:
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'