New York's Power Gays Gather For A Cause
BY Michelle Garcia
April 12 2013 2:10 PM ET
Members, friends and supporters of the New York LGBT Center gathered at Cipriani Wall Street Thursday night, raising $800,000 for the city's longtime resource center. In addition to toasting the night away, Neil Tallentine, Terrence Meck, and Edie Windsor were honored for their work in LGBT rights and philanthropy. Also in attendance were finance expert Suze Orman, actor Nick Adams, MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts, actor Neil Patrick Harris, actor David Burtka, and Advocate publisher Joe Valentino.
"I have never met, a more inspiring or articulate soul in my entire existence," Valentino said of Windsor, who is currently challenging the federal Defense of Marriage Act before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Click through for photos from the event.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members