New York's Power Gays Gather For A Cause
BY Michelle Garcia
April 12 2013 2:10 PM ET
Members, friends and supporters of the New York LGBT Center gathered at Cipriani Wall Street Thursday night, raising $800,000 for the city's longtime resource center. In addition to toasting the night away, Neil Tallentine, Terrence Meck, and Edie Windsor were honored for their work in LGBT rights and philanthropy. Also in attendance were finance expert Suze Orman, actor Nick Adams, MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts, actor Neil Patrick Harris, actor David Burtka, and Advocate publisher Joe Valentino.
"I have never met, a more inspiring or articulate soul in my entire existence," Valentino said of Windsor, who is currently challenging the federal Defense of Marriage Act before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Click through for photos from the event.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Business P.R. Agency Adds LGBT Practice 16 min 47 sec ago
- Travel A Tour Through the San Francisco of Looking, Season One 19 min 22 sec ago
- Women Houston Lesbian Couple Found Murdered, Cops Searching for Suspect 22 min 35 sec ago
- Women WATCH: 10 Worst Ways to Pick Up a Lesbian 24 min 58 sec ago
- Parenting Ubbas: The Golden Shower Toy 1 hour 21 min ago
- Russia WATCH: Moscow LGBT Demonstrators Attacked 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lost Girl's Zoie Palmer Thanks Female Partner at Canadian Film Awards 1 hour 36 min ago