WATCH: Rapper Lil Wayne Supports Jason Collins
BY Jase Peeples
May 07 2013 2:26 PM ET
Rap star Lil Wayne is the latest hip-hop performer to respond positively to NBA athlete Jason Collins coming out of the closet as a gay man.
When MTV recently asked Wayne what he thought of Collins going public with his sexuality and what it meant for sports, he said,“It’s opening a lot of doors and it’s showing that it’s a fair world out there. Just to see how many people came to his support and things like that, that’s a pretty fair world out there.”
He then offered two words of support to the newly-out athlete, saying, “Be you.”
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention