WATCH: RuPaul Talks LGBT Rights
BY Jase Peeples
May 07 2013 12:49 PM ET
On the heels of crowning the Drag Race season 5 champion Jinkx Monsoon, RuPaul, talks with the New York Times about the current state of LGBT rights and reveals he’s concerned the positive momentum the LGBT community has been enjoying in recent years could change direction in the future.
“I’ve been around for a long time. The pendulum always swings,” RuPaul says. “Will it swing back to that type of small closed window? More than likely it will.”
Nevertheless the iconic performer isn’t letting worries about the possible future keep him from bringing aspects of LGBT culture to the mainstream. “So, in the meantime, we’re enjoying Drag Race,” he says.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Judge Rules Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Keep Living in Sewers
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 1 hour 31 min ago
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM