Greg Louganis Marries Johnny Chaillot
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 14 2013 12:38 PM ET
Greg Louganis has taken the matrimonial plunge.
The Olympic diver, 53, tied the knot with partner Johnny Chaillot, 52, in Malibu, Calif., over the weekend. Wearing coordinating white tuxedos, the pair exchanged vows Saturday at Geoffrey’s Malibu, a seaside restaurant and terrace.
Nearly 160 friends and family members attended the proceedings, including Bruce Vilanch, Barbara Eden, and Louganis’s longtime coach and mentor Ron O’Brien.
“It was amazing because I have so many people from all facets of my life here tonight and they are all here and celebrating it is all wonderful,” Louganis told People. “I already feel different. The ceremony was so reflective and representative of who we are.”
“Such an amazing evening! Filled with love and celebration!” Louganis posted on his Facebook page, pointing to a song performed by Patrick Alan Casey and the officiant’s words as highlights of the event. “I am truly blessed!”
Louganis, a multiple Olympic gold medalist, and Chaillot, a paralegal, met last year on the online dating site Match.com. They became engaged in April. In an exclusive interview with Out magazine, Chaillot opened up about their courtship, which began with a date at a David Sedaris reading.
"People know Greg Louganis, the diver, but very few people know who he actually is: He's a shy, polite, talented, funny, thoughtful man," Chaillot said. "He happens to be the greatest diver in the world—no one has ever broken his records—but within the first few minutes his shyness and politeness was so endearing. I didn't read his book, and I knew very little about him, so I got to know who he was and fell in love with that person."
See more exclusive photos of the wedding on Out.com.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 13 min 50 sec ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 36 min 42 sec ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 44 min 10 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 52 min 15 sec ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 54 min 50 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 1 hour 2 min ago
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 2 hours 22 min ago