Greg Louganis Marries Johnny Chaillot
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 14 2013 12:38 PM ET
Greg Louganis has taken the matrimonial plunge.
The Olympic diver, 53, tied the knot with partner Johnny Chaillot, 52, in Malibu, Calif., over the weekend. Wearing coordinating white tuxedos, the pair exchanged vows Saturday at Geoffrey’s Malibu, a seaside restaurant and terrace.
Nearly 160 friends and family members attended the proceedings, including Bruce Vilanch, Barbara Eden, and Louganis’s longtime coach and mentor Ron O’Brien.
“It was amazing because I have so many people from all facets of my life here tonight and they are all here and celebrating it is all wonderful,” Louganis told People. “I already feel different. The ceremony was so reflective and representative of who we are.”
“Such an amazing evening! Filled with love and celebration!” Louganis posted on his Facebook page, pointing to a song performed by Patrick Alan Casey and the officiant’s words as highlights of the event. “I am truly blessed!”
Louganis, a multiple Olympic gold medalist, and Chaillot, a paralegal, met last year on the online dating site Match.com. They became engaged in April. In an exclusive interview with Out magazine, Chaillot opened up about their courtship, which began with a date at a David Sedaris reading.
"People know Greg Louganis, the diver, but very few people know who he actually is: He's a shy, polite, talented, funny, thoughtful man," Chaillot said. "He happens to be the greatest diver in the world—no one has ever broken his records—but within the first few minutes his shyness and politeness was so endearing. I didn't read his book, and I knew very little about him, so I got to know who he was and fell in love with that person."
See more exclusive photos of the wedding on Out.com.
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 4 min 51 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 45 min 41 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1 hour 28 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 1 hour 28 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 1 hour 50 min ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 2 hours 4 min ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 2 hours 49 min ago