Greg Louganis Marries Johnny Chaillot
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 14 2013 12:38 PM ET
Greg Louganis has taken the matrimonial plunge.
The Olympic diver, 53, tied the knot with partner Johnny Chaillot, 52, in Malibu, Calif., over the weekend. Wearing coordinating white tuxedos, the pair exchanged vows Saturday at Geoffrey’s Malibu, a seaside restaurant and terrace.
Nearly 160 friends and family members attended the proceedings, including Bruce Vilanch, Barbara Eden, and Louganis’s longtime coach and mentor Ron O’Brien.
“It was amazing because I have so many people from all facets of my life here tonight and they are all here and celebrating it is all wonderful,” Louganis told People. “I already feel different. The ceremony was so reflective and representative of who we are.”
“Such an amazing evening! Filled with love and celebration!” Louganis posted on his Facebook page, pointing to a song performed by Patrick Alan Casey and the officiant’s words as highlights of the event. “I am truly blessed!”
Louganis, a multiple Olympic gold medalist, and Chaillot, a paralegal, met last year on the online dating site Match.com. They became engaged in April. In an exclusive interview with Out magazine, Chaillot opened up about their courtship, which began with a date at a David Sedaris reading.
"People know Greg Louganis, the diver, but very few people know who he actually is: He's a shy, polite, talented, funny, thoughtful man," Chaillot said. "He happens to be the greatest diver in the world—no one has ever broken his records—but within the first few minutes his shyness and politeness was so endearing. I didn't read his book, and I knew very little about him, so I got to know who he was and fell in love with that person."
See more exclusive photos of the wedding on Out.com.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM