PHOTOS: Stars Reveal Skin, Favorite Scary Movies at Halloweenie
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 31 2013 1:15 PM ET
Fred and Jason's Annual Halloweenie is a "spook"-tacular that draws one of the year's hottest costumed crowds in support of the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles. This year's party, the eighth annual event, was held in the downtown Los Angeles Theatre and drew a host of celebrities (and many drag Miley Cyruses) in support of the chorus's Alive Music Project, which works to stop bullying by bringing music education to L.A. public schools.
In the spirit of the evening, The Advocate spoke with Lindsey Shaw, Newlyweds: The First Year's Jeff Pedersen and Blair Late, Peter Marc Jacobson, Lance Bass, and more, to find out their favorite scary movies. Don't miss their responses as well as the many "sin"-tillating costumes of the party's attendees on the following pages.
Lance Bass and fiancé Michael Turchin, in costume as Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World, both choose The Shining as their ultimate horror flick. "It's hard to make [genuinely] scary movies anymore, but they did it right," Bass says of the 1980 Stanley Kubrick film, starring Jack Nicholson. "My mother made me watch it when I was 10 years old," adds Turchin. "It stuck with me." Their creative costumes were chosen by listeners of Bass's radio program, Dirty Pop With Lance Bass, on Sirius XM.
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 57 min 44 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 1 hour 6 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 49 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 50 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 54 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index 3:49 PM