WATCH: Richard Simmons Gives Emotional and Awkward Interview to Fox News
BY Jase Peeples
November 29 2013 4:04 PM ET
Richard Simmons appeared on Fox News for an unforgettable interview that’s raising eyebrows across the internet, reports Joe My God.
The interview immediately swerved into uncomfortable territory as Simmons began flirting with Fox News host Neil Cavuto, saying, “You look so handsome tonight, I can hardly keep from climbing over this desk.”
However, it’s the emotional rollercoaster that followed which could land the segment on Fox News’ list of all time most bizarre interviews.
As Simmons discussed his passion for fitness and the need for portion control during holidays like Thanksgiving, the exercise guru bounced back and forth between emotional extremes. From crying over his desire to “make people feel good and laugh” and his experience being bullied as a young boy, to celebrity impersonations, yoga poses, and braking out in song, Simmons routinely sailed the interview into the seas of strangeness – despite Cavuto’s best efforts to keep the conversation on track.
Watch the full interview below.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Mike Nichols, Director of 'Birdcage' and 'Angels,' Dead at 83