WATCH: Man's Dog Helps Him Come Out of the Closet
BY Jase Peeples
January 29 2014 1:06 PM ET
Like many LGBT people, video blogger Ivan Cruz once feared coming out of the closet, but when he eventually built up the courage to embrace and reveal his sexuality, he received an outpouring of love and support from his family and friends — including his pet dachshund, Thor.
Now Cruz is sharing his coming-out story, with some help from his furry little friend, in hopes of inspiring others to do the same.
“My Coming Out Story” is a heartwarming video that retells Cruz’s story through Thor’s eyes. “I never imagined the day I'd come out,” Cruz writes in the video’s description. “For a long time, I lived in the same fear that many others currently live in. With the help of my best-four-legged-friend, Thor, I decided to make this video and share my coming out story. A big thanks to all the brave people on here who have taken the time to share their own coming out stories and that have inspired me to do the same.”
Grab some tissues before you settle in to watch Cruz and Thor’s adorable tale in the video below. This one is bound to tug at your heartstrings.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- WATCH: Michael Sam Should 'Gay It Up,' Says Daily Show
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About