Anne Rice Supports Ellen Page, Takes Bite Out of Page’s Critics
BY Patrick Yacco
February 18 2014 3:12 PM ET
On her Facebook page Saturday, famed author Anne Rice praised actress Ellen Page for coming out and then used the social media network as a platform to denounce those who don’t support Page. The post reads in part, "I will no longer tolerate hate speech in the guise of Christian belief with the usual irresponsible pick and choose Bible quotes and talk of 'sin' and hellfire. I have had enough of it, and I think the world has had enough of it too." She added that she has banned many people from her page as a result of their reaction to Page's announcement. The post has received over 24,000 likes, making it one of her most popular posts to date.
Rice, whose son Christopher is gay, is a longtime supporter of LGBT rights. She previously used her Facebook page to draw attention to issues such as marriage equality, and she left the Roman Catholic Church due to its antigay stances.
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: More Officials Like Kim Davis Would Be a Disaster
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis