Anne Rice Supports Ellen Page, Takes Bite Out of Page’s Critics
BY Patrick Yacco
February 18 2014 2:12 PM ET
On her Facebook page Saturday, famed author Anne Rice praised actress Ellen Page for coming out and then used the social media network as a platform to denounce those who don’t support Page. The post reads in part, "I will no longer tolerate hate speech in the guise of Christian belief with the usual irresponsible pick and choose Bible quotes and talk of 'sin' and hellfire. I have had enough of it, and I think the world has had enough of it too." She added that she has banned many people from her page as a result of their reaction to Page's announcement. The post has received over 24,000 likes, making it one of her most popular posts to date.
Rice, whose son Christopher is gay, is a longtime supporter of LGBT rights. She previously used her Facebook page to draw attention to issues such as marriage equality, and she left the Roman Catholic Church due to its antigay stances.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 14 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM