PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 7:00 AM ET
Wilson Cruz (GLAAD spokesperson, Red Band Society)
Best part of growing older?
Getting wiser. You hopefully don’t make the same mistakes. You gain knowledge and hopefully pass it on to somebody coming after you. That’s the best part — helping them avoid whatever pitfalls you fell into.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
We lost such a large part of our generation before this one. There isn’t a lot of modeling of how we get older, how we value people who came before us, [and] how we value people with more wisdom. There’s a challenge on their part to be understood. It’s up to us, the younger people, to give them the opportunity to live up to the wisdom that they have and that they can impart.
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- WATCH: Deaf Meets LGBT in New Romantic Series