PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 6:00 AM ET
Blake McIver (The People's Couch)
Best part of growing older?
I started working and performing as a singer and actor when I was so young that I feel like I’ve been 40 my entire life. So it can only get better! I can’t wait. I’m finding my number will catch up with how I feel.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
Part of the problem with our community is that we are so youth-centric... It’s almost like, you reach a certain age and you’re gay, you almost don’t exist anymore. But I think that’s horrible. We’re all going to be there someday, so we need to respect and be appreciative of those that came before us.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role