PHOTOS: LGBT Celebs on the Blessing and Curse of Aging
BY Daniel Reynolds
July 31 2014 7:00 AM ET
Blake McIver (The People's Couch)
Best part of growing older?
I started working and performing as a singer and actor when I was so young that I feel like I’ve been 40 my entire life. So it can only get better! I can’t wait. I’m finding my number will catch up with how I feel.
Greatest challenge of growing older?
Part of the problem with our community is that we are so youth-centric... It’s almost like, you reach a certain age and you’re gay, you almost don’t exist anymore. But I think that’s horrible. We’re all going to be there someday, so we need to respect and be appreciative of those that came before us.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers