Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
(left, with partner Jackie Scalone)
Sergeant Hogg was based in Buffalo with the New York Army National Guard, serving as a track vehicle mechanic and wrecker operator. Hogg was honorably discharged a year early due to a medical condition and, because of her discomfort with “don’t ask, don’t tell,” decided not to fight the discharge. Now 27, she is cofounder of the Service Women’s Action Network and lives in Jersey City, N.J.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion