BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
(left, with partner Jackie Scalone)
Sergeant Hogg was based in Buffalo with the New York Army National Guard, serving as a track vehicle mechanic and wrecker operator. Hogg was honorably discharged a year early due to a medical condition and, because of her discomfort with “don’t ask, don’t tell,” decided not to fight the discharge. Now 27, she is cofounder of the Service Women’s Action Network and lives in Jersey City, N.J.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 25 min 26 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 25 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 10 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM