Caught in the Crossfire
BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
(left, with partner Jackie Scalone)
Sergeant Hogg was based in Buffalo with the New York Army National Guard, serving as a track vehicle mechanic and wrecker operator. Hogg was honorably discharged a year early due to a medical condition and, because of her discomfort with “don’t ask, don’t tell,” decided not to fight the discharge. Now 27, she is cofounder of the Service Women’s Action Network and lives in Jersey City, N.J.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Why Are We Gay?
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual