BY Advocate Contributors
October 12 2009 10:00 PM ET
Captain Darrah, 58, served as a Naval intelligence officer for nearly 30 years in the United States and in Spain before retiring in 2002. A native of Mattapoisett, Mass., she is a member of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network’s Military Advisory Council and testified before Congress last year.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 37 min 31 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 1 hour 6 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 1 hour 58 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM