BY Albert Smith
March 13 2010 7:35 AM ET
Why are you a photographer?
I can't imagine not doing it! Being such a visual artist, I can't seem to turn off the whirling thoughts and images in my head. My biggest fear is that I won't have enough time to create all the striking ideas that come to me. I've always been involved with the arts in one way or another, from music to creative writing. Ultimately, though, it's a way of expressing yourself in a different medium that I think speaks to people on a deeper level. Knowing that I touch people and have an effect on them constantly pushes me on.
What catches your eye?
I actually see beauty in so many different ways. Sometimes it can be something as simple as a man's jawline or the curve of his smile. Of course, there are men who have a timelessness about them, and I can't imagine not capturing that look.
How do you choose your subjects?
I look for a confidence and playfulness in the models that I work with. They can't be afraid of expressing themselves and their sexuality. When I meet men that I want to work with, I see the way the light hits them, and it resonates for me. It's like bell chimes in my head and I can just see them in my scenarios before ever picking up my camera.
How do you describe your work?
My work is really a mix. Artistically, my black-and-whites tend to be classic, strong images exposing men on a variety of emotional levels. I've also been doing a collection called "Candy Shoppe," which is very stylized with an emphasis on color, texture, vibrancy, and sexuality, both serious and playful.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM