BY Advocate Contributors
September 10 2010 3:00 AM ET
When U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker ruled on August 4 that California’s Proposition 8 was unconstitutional, people gathered by the thousands across the state to celebrate the demise of the voter-approved law, which in 2008 took away gay couples’ right to marry. Although the party was short-lived—less than two weeks later the ninth circuit court of appeals issued a stay on Walker’s ruling, keeping marriage just out of reach—the enthusiasm captured in these images will certainly help fuel the continued battle for marriage equality.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1 hour 41 min ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM