Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Wow. Thick makeup!
That is for the stage, my dear. Tammy Novak was a respected female impersonator — high up on the food chain. A hairdresser. Also a great-looking guy. He had as many admirers in boy drag as he did in she-drag.
So he didn’t hook?
Oh, well. All of us did once in a while. There was a symbiotic relationship between the stage and the street. The street gave you a great dress rehearsal to see what worked, what didn’t, if you could pass or not. And if you actually had talent and made a success on the stage, you could command high prices.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out with Transgender Celebrities
- An Open Letter to Clarence Thomas From an Interracial Lesbian Couple