Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Wow. Thick makeup!
That is for the stage, my dear. Tammy Novak was a respected female impersonator — high up on the food chain. A hairdresser. Also a great-looking guy. He had as many admirers in boy drag as he did in she-drag.
So he didn’t hook?
Oh, well. All of us did once in a while. There was a symbiotic relationship between the stage and the street. The street gave you a great dress rehearsal to see what worked, what didn’t, if you could pass or not. And if you actually had talent and made a success on the stage, you could command high prices.
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word