Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Wow. Thick makeup!
That is for the stage, my dear. Tammy Novak was a respected female impersonator — high up on the food chain. A hairdresser. Also a great-looking guy. He had as many admirers in boy drag as he did in she-drag.
So he didn’t hook?
Oh, well. All of us did once in a while. There was a symbiotic relationship between the stage and the street. The street gave you a great dress rehearsal to see what worked, what didn’t, if you could pass or not. And if you actually had talent and made a success on the stage, you could command high prices.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series