Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Was this at one of Daisy Dee’s balls as well?
Yeah, this is Harlowe. A beautiful trans. Eventually she went all the way and had reassignment surgery.
Did the girls still stay around after the surgery?
Oh, no. They usually rode out of Dodge as quickly as possible. It was so expensive to have the surgery that a girl usually had to have a very interested “sponsor.” Usually the guy felt guilty that you had a dick and figured if you had the change, it would fix it all. Too many times I saw that after the change the boyfriend lost interest. Seemed he was more interested in the boy parts that he thought. Oops. Too late.
Harlowe did OK, though. She had the rich boyfriend, and he set her up with her own nightclub in Philly. Called Harlowe’s, of course. It was a pretty big deal.
- Op-Ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Forum Shows Key Role of Parents in Winning Rights for Gays and Lesbians in China
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 17 min 13 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 31 min 36 sec ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 49 min 33 sec ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 1 hour 2 min ago
- Health New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Obamacare 2 hours 29 min ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 2 hours 36 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 2 hours 39 min ago