Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Are you in these pictures?
These are all from contact sheets of a shoot at the Club 82, down in the East Village. I think the club was going to close soon — or at least it was ending its incarnation as a drag club. I performed off and on for years, then as a stripper and a showgirl. My song was the theme music from the film A Man and a Woman. Get it?
I look at these pictures and the stage seems so small. It was big and glamorous to me then. It opened in 1951 and ran forever. All the big stars performed there: Hans Crystal, Vicki Lynne, Lynn Roberts, Kim August, and so on.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'