Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Are you in these pictures?
These are all from contact sheets of a shoot at the Club 82, down in the East Village. I think the club was going to close soon — or at least it was ending its incarnation as a drag club. I performed off and on for years, then as a stripper and a showgirl. My song was the theme music from the film A Man and a Woman. Get it?
I look at these pictures and the stage seems so small. It was big and glamorous to me then. It opened in 1951 and ran forever. All the big stars performed there: Hans Crystal, Vicki Lynne, Lynn Roberts, Kim August, and so on.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 2 hours 7 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 2 hours 7 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 2 hours 7 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM