Kim Christy's Lost World
BY Christopher Harrity
February 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Are you in these pictures?
These are all from contact sheets of a shoot at the Club 82, down in the East Village. I think the club was going to close soon — or at least it was ending its incarnation as a drag club. I performed off and on for years, then as a stripper and a showgirl. My song was the theme music from the film A Man and a Woman. Get it?
I look at these pictures and the stage seems so small. It was big and glamorous to me then. It opened in 1951 and ran forever. All the big stars performed there: Hans Crystal, Vicki Lynne, Lynn Roberts, Kim August, and so on.
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 9 min 41 sec ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 21 min 36 sec ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 38 min 24 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 37 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 44 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 27 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 27 min ago