Gay Photographer Reinvents the Pin-Up With Manly Men
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 08 2011 5:25 PM ET
When is the calendar going to be available?
The calendar will
be ready by December, come hell or high water! I'm working with a very
small company and am currently going to submit an unfinished mockup to
check the quality and make sure it's acceptable.
You play with gender binaries, clearly. Is that something that’s has personal relevance?
wouldn't fully say that it feels personal, so much as pertinent. I just
know that there are very specific things that society has always said,
and still says, that males should and shouldn't do — and females too —
and that doesn't bode well with me. I just live by the mantra that these
rules are so minuscule that they don't even matter. They're constructs
and completely baseless, so why should be ascribe to them?
- Country Singer Billy Gilman Comes Out as Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died