Gay Photographer Reinvents the Pin-Up With Manly Men
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 08 2011 6:25 PM ET
Are you gay, straight, bi?
am gay. Although, not all my models are, and a decent amount
automatically assume that they are, either because they're posed like
that, or possibly by association with me. I always thought that was
You posed yourself for one of the Men-Ups. How awkward did you feel? Did you channel your inner Vargas girl?
was only awkward to the extent that I was alone in the studio, trying
to achieve this almost impossible pose, whilst sitting atop a toolbox,
making the right face at the right time, and then trying to take the
photo all at the same time. It was pretty insane, and actually really
pushed the idea of these poses being far-fetched even further, because I
was having issues even replicating it, as were other models I had
worked with. Beyond all that, I did do research solely on poses before I
even began shooting any of the models. So, they really helped to have a
standard, or reference.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses