Gay Photographer Reinvents the Pin-Up With Manly Men
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
October 08 2011 5:25 PM ET
Are you gay, straight, bi?
am gay. Although, not all my models are, and a decent amount
automatically assume that they are, either because they're posed like
that, or possibly by association with me. I always thought that was
You posed yourself for one of the Men-Ups. How awkward did you feel? Did you channel your inner Vargas girl?
was only awkward to the extent that I was alone in the studio, trying
to achieve this almost impossible pose, whilst sitting atop a toolbox,
making the right face at the right time, and then trying to take the
photo all at the same time. It was pretty insane, and actually really
pushed the idea of these poses being far-fetched even further, because I
was having issues even replicating it, as were other models I had
worked with. Beyond all that, I did do research solely on poses before I
even began shooting any of the models. So, they really helped to have a
standard, or reference.
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 10 min 27 sec ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 11 min 39 sec ago
- Travel WATCH: Jeff Koons, John Waters Discuss Art 24 min 13 sec ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality 34 min 57 sec ago
- World World Bank President Withdraws From Panel on 'Economic Impact of Homophobia' 1 hour 19 min ago
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 1 hour 25 min ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 1 hour 45 min ago