There He Is, Mr. Gay Hong Kong
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
As progressive as we can be, there's still something fun about watching a pageant. But a world away from the old school Miss America pageant, Mr. Gay Hong Kong 2011 was crowned on October 15 at the Bisous nightclub. The annual content is to find the gay man who best epitomizes the cosmopolitan territory. Here are the behind-the-scenes moments leading up to the big win for Jimmy Wong Chun, who assumes ambassadorship of the local gay community for one year and becomes the public face of Tongzhi Tsai, a campaign against homophobic bullying in schools.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Why Are We Gay?