There He Is, Mr. Gay Hong Kong
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
As progressive as we can be, there's still something fun about watching a pageant. But a world away from the old school Miss America pageant, Mr. Gay Hong Kong 2011 was crowned on October 15 at the Bisous nightclub. The annual content is to find the gay man who best epitomizes the cosmopolitan territory. Here are the behind-the-scenes moments leading up to the big win for Jimmy Wong Chun, who assumes ambassadorship of the local gay community for one year and becomes the public face of Tongzhi Tsai, a campaign against homophobic bullying in schools.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'