There He Is, Mr. Gay Hong Kong
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
As progressive as we can be, there's still something fun about watching a pageant. But a world away from the old school Miss America pageant, Mr. Gay Hong Kong 2011 was crowned on October 15 at the Bisous nightclub. The annual content is to find the gay man who best epitomizes the cosmopolitan territory. Here are the behind-the-scenes moments leading up to the big win for Jimmy Wong Chun, who assumes ambassadorship of the local gay community for one year and becomes the public face of Tongzhi Tsai, a campaign against homophobic bullying in schools.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder