There He Is, Mr. Gay Hong Kong
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
As progressive as we can be, there's still something fun about watching a pageant. But a world away from the old school Miss America pageant, Mr. Gay Hong Kong 2011 was crowned on October 15 at the Bisous nightclub. The annual content is to find the gay man who best epitomizes the cosmopolitan territory. Here are the behind-the-scenes moments leading up to the big win for Jimmy Wong Chun, who assumes ambassadorship of the local gay community for one year and becomes the public face of Tongzhi Tsai, a campaign against homophobic bullying in schools.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 2 hours 9 min ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM