There He Is, Mr. Gay Hong Kong
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2011 4:00 AM ET
As progressive as we can be, there's still something fun about watching a pageant. But a world away from the old school Miss America pageant, Mr. Gay Hong Kong 2011 was crowned on October 15 at the Bisous nightclub. The annual content is to find the gay man who best epitomizes the cosmopolitan territory. Here are the behind-the-scenes moments leading up to the big win for Jimmy Wong Chun, who assumes ambassadorship of the local gay community for one year and becomes the public face of Tongzhi Tsai, a campaign against homophobic bullying in schools.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut