Amos Mac Reintroduces the Zine
BY Josh Hinkle
February 27 2012 5:00 AM ET
The photography in Translady Fanzine
has attracted a lot of publicity for Mac. The photographs of
Drucker were on display at the Luis de Jesus gallery in Los Angeles in an installation titled, “Distance is Where the Heart is, Home
is Where You Hang Your Heart.”
And searching for models
for the annual publication isn't going to be difficult. Mac does not plan to produce the magazine more frequently and wants to keep the publication as a one-on-one bonding
experience between photographer and model.
is an interest from so many different people,” Mac said. “It’s going
to be tough.” Mac has, however, started moving forward with subjects to
Apart from his two
publications, Mac has side projects. Mac shot Rocco
(Katastrophe)’s music video featuring Margaret Cho. He also just
wrapped film work this past summer for Valencia.
chapter is directed and cast by a different artist,” Mac said. “It’s an
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'