Amos Mac Reintroduces the Zine
BY Josh Hinkle
February 27 2012 4:00 AM ET
The photography in Translady Fanzine
has attracted a lot of publicity for Mac. The photographs of
Drucker were on display at the Luis de Jesus gallery in Los Angeles in an installation titled, “Distance is Where the Heart is, Home
is Where You Hang Your Heart.”
And searching for models
for the annual publication isn't going to be difficult. Mac does not plan to produce the magazine more frequently and wants to keep the publication as a one-on-one bonding
experience between photographer and model.
is an interest from so many different people,” Mac said. “It’s going
to be tough.” Mac has, however, started moving forward with subjects to
Apart from his two
publications, Mac has side projects. Mac shot Rocco
(Katastrophe)’s music video featuring Margaret Cho. He also just
wrapped film work this past summer for Valencia.
chapter is directed and cast by a different artist,” Mac said. “It’s an
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'