Life as a Mermaid: Being Transgender in West Borneo
BY Cindy Clarissa
June 14 2012 6:28 AM ET
For the past five years, he has been working as a volunteer in the HIV/AIDS prevention field. And for this he is not compensated financially. He makes ends meet through working as a freelance door-to-door hairdresser, earning around 50,000 rupiah, equivalent to $6, a day when he has clients.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again