Cher, Little Joe, Clint Eastwood Photographed by Gay Photographer Jack Robinson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 17 2012 11:20 AM ET
Sonny & Cher were one of the most popular husband-wife acts in Hollywood history. Photographed in 1966, the duo had already released their most iconic songs, "I Got You Babe" and "The Beat Goes On." By 1975 they'd be divorced — Sonny even became a congressman —but not before introducing the world to their only child, who would grow up to be LGBT activist (and Dancing with the Stars contestant) Chaz Bono.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp