Cher, Little Joe, Clint Eastwood Photographed by Gay Photographer Jack Robinson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 17 2012 10:20 AM ET
Sonny & Cher were one of the most popular husband-wife acts in Hollywood history. Photographed in 1966, the duo had already released their most iconic songs, "I Got You Babe" and "The Beat Goes On." By 1975 they'd be divorced — Sonny even became a congressman —but not before introducing the world to their only child, who would grow up to be LGBT activist (and Dancing with the Stars contestant) Chaz Bono.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?