Cher, Little Joe, Clint Eastwood Photographed by Gay Photographer Jack Robinson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 17 2012 11:20 AM ET
This photo, from the Jack Robinson Archive, shows the Jack Robinson in New Orleans in the 1950s. He went to the city to attend Tulane University but ended up as a portrait photographer for the city's elite as well as a reporting on nightlife and Mardi Gras during the gay-friendly proto-beatnik era of Tennessee Williams.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong