Cher, Little Joe, Clint Eastwood Photographed by Gay Photographer Jack Robinson
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 17 2012 11:20 AM ET
Composer and lyricist Jerry Herman, whose earliest Broadway musicals were Hello Dolly! and Mame, was 38 years old when he posed for Robinson. Herman, who has been HIV-positive since 1985, received the Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theater in 2009. One of his biggest hits, La Cage aux Folles, is still the only show to win a Best Musical award for every staged Broadway production (in 1983, 2005, and 2010).
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene