'We Have Faith': Exhibit Shines Light on LGBT Religious Leaders
BY Trudy Ring
November 27 2012 2:27 AM ET
While many of the houses of worship that host “We Have Faith” will likely be LGBT-affirming ones, in many settings the exhibit also will reach people who are in the “movable middle” and even some who are hostile to LGBT people — or those who have experienced hostility, Gillespie says.
“We hope to save lives,” she says. “We hope some kids will see themselves in this and know they’re not an abomination.”
Click here to learn more about the Kickstarter campaign and here for more information about Family Diversity Projects. Watch the Kickstarter video below, and find more images from the show on the following pages.
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 17 min 52 sec ago
- Travel London's Gay Travel Expo: Pool Party, Models, Giant Shoes 59 min 53 sec ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Underwear Models for Affordable Healthcare 1 hour 29 sec ago
- Transgender Calif. Athletic Commission Considers Licensing Trans Athletes 1 hour 5 min ago
- Religion Antigay Archbishop Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor 1 hour 12 min ago
- Politics Maddow to Putin: Ha! Take That! 1 hour 44 min ago
- Politics Pa. Gov. Comes Out for LGBT Employment Protections 1 hour 46 min ago