PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Leon Eldridge talks with Stephanie Boyd, the owner of Belly's Cafe.
Eldridge says he has known Stephanie Boyd, the owner of Belly's Cafe, where he works in Lubbock, since he was 16 when he was sneaking into bars and causing other mischief.
"She was always kind of a mother figure or an aunt figure," Eldridge says. "She always kind of made sure I wasn't going insane and took care of me and kept an eye out for me when I was young and naive."
Eldridge says she is also the person who introduced him to the Metropolitan Community Church and asked him to sing there.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks