PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 3:00 AM ET
Leon Eldridge talks with Stephanie Boyd, the owner of Belly's Cafe.
Eldridge says he has known Stephanie Boyd, the owner of Belly's Cafe, where he works in Lubbock, since he was 16 when he was sneaking into bars and causing other mischief.
"She was always kind of a mother figure or an aunt figure," Eldridge says. "She always kind of made sure I wasn't going insane and took care of me and kept an eye out for me when I was young and naive."
Eldridge says she is also the person who introduced him to the Metropolitan Community Church and asked him to sing there.
- BREAKING: Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Duck Dynasty May Be Over After Antigay Tirade
- N.M. County Officials Resign Over Marriage Equality
- Hundreds of Catholic Students Protest Gay Vice Principal's Dismissal
- Ugandan Parliament Passes Anti-Homosexuality Bill
- Seat Filler: Best New York Theater of 2013
- Marriage Equality Photo from Utah: First Gay Couple Married 49 min 51 sec ago
- Women LISTEN: Out Folk Duo Hannah & Maggie's Lesbian Love Letter to Mrs. Claus 1 hour 43 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Welcome to the Age of Mary Lambert 4:55 PM
- Style Daily Crush: Out Russian Olympics T-Shirt 4:48 PM
- Entertainment News Make These Golden Girls Legos Happen! 4:44 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Small Hotel or Resort 4:34 PM
- Comedy Best Tweets: 'Duck You, Phil Robertson' 4:29 PM