PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Eldridge smokes a cigarette and settles in for the night at his home.
Eldridge says drag has been an exciting adventure because he gets to experiment, not just with gender identity, but with his identity as a person. He finds it a very freeing experience.
"I think that there's a lot of pressure from society on what qualifies as masculine and feminine, or what makes you a man and what makes you a woman," Eldridge says, "and I think that everything is kind of on a spectrum."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality