PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Eldridge smokes a cigarette and settles in for the night at his home.
Eldridge says drag has been an exciting adventure because he gets to experiment, not just with gender identity, but with his identity as a person. He finds it a very freeing experience.
"I think that there's a lot of pressure from society on what qualifies as masculine and feminine, or what makes you a man and what makes you a woman," Eldridge says, "and I think that everything is kind of on a spectrum."
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'
- PHOTOS: The Scene at the Supreme Court As Marriage Equality is Considered
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Hosting Ted Cruz Isn't Just Offensive to LGBT People
- Meet the People Waiting in Line for History