PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Eldridge smokes a cigarette and settles in for the night at his home.
Eldridge says drag has been an exciting adventure because he gets to experiment, not just with gender identity, but with his identity as a person. He finds it a very freeing experience.
"I think that there's a lot of pressure from society on what qualifies as masculine and feminine, or what makes you a man and what makes you a woman," Eldridge says, "and I think that everything is kind of on a spectrum."
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Why Are We Gay?
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself