PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 3:00 AM ET
Leon Eldridge closes his eyes in prayer during a Sunday service at the Metropolitan Community Church.
Eldridge says his parents are both very spiritual and religious. His father was a preacher, although not officially ordained by a church, while his mother studied theology.
"The God perception has always been really important in my family," Eldridge says, "and I've always been very lucky to find churches that I have felt extraordinarily nurtured by."
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 34 min 6 sec ago
- Latest News India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban 1 hour 27 min ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 1 hour 31 min ago
- Politics PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 2 hours 5 min ago
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 2 hours 51 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM