PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Leon Eldridge closes his eyes in prayer during a Sunday service at the Metropolitan Community Church.
Eldridge says his parents are both very spiritual and religious. His father was a preacher, although not officially ordained by a church, while his mother studied theology.
"The God perception has always been really important in my family," Eldridge says, "and I've always been very lucky to find churches that I have felt extraordinarily nurtured by."
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality