PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 3:00 AM ET
Leon Eldridge closes his eyes in prayer during a Sunday service at the Metropolitan Community Church.
Eldridge says his parents are both very spiritual and religious. His father was a preacher, although not officially ordained by a church, while his mother studied theology.
"The God perception has always been really important in my family," Eldridge says, "and I've always been very lucky to find churches that I have felt extraordinarily nurtured by."
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Ben Carson: Gays Might Find Poison in Wedding Cakes
- Beloved Minnesota Teacher, GSA Adviser Shot Dead
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée