PHOTOS: The Two Worlds of Leon Eldridge
BY Advocate Contributors
September 19 2013 4:00 AM ET
Eldridge leads the congregation in singing hymns during the "Singspiration" portion of the service at the Metropolitan Community Church.
Having been involved in music ministry since he was 16, Eldridge says it has been a big part of his life.
"While I was at SMU, and even while I was at [South Plains College], I worked in music ministry as a way to feed myself," Eldridge says, "and my love of the church has kind of grown."
He says he took the position at MCC because it was a good job in a church he felt comfortable attending.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post