In the Galleries: Inframen
BY Christopher Harrity
January 15 2014 9:00 AM ET
Nir Arieli’s upcoming show “Inframen” takes viewers one layer deeper, stripping male dancers not only of clothes but also skin. Arieli uses an infrared photographic technique to photograph underneath the outermost layers of skin revealing sun damage, stretch marks, hidden marks, and scars. His images fuse masculinity and vulnerability, finding imperfections in the idealized male form.
"Inframen" will open Thursday at Daniel Cooney Fine Art gallery in New York City.
Daniel Cooney Fine Art
January 16-March 8
508 W. 26th St., Suite 9C
New York, NY 10001
Click through for more of Nir Arieli's work >>>
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia