In the Galleries: Inframen
BY Christopher Harrity
January 15 2014 9:00 AM ET
Nir Arieli’s upcoming show “Inframen” takes viewers one layer deeper, stripping male dancers not only of clothes but also skin. Arieli uses an infrared photographic technique to photograph underneath the outermost layers of skin revealing sun damage, stretch marks, hidden marks, and scars. His images fuse masculinity and vulnerability, finding imperfections in the idealized male form.
"Inframen" will open Thursday at Daniel Cooney Fine Art gallery in New York City.
Daniel Cooney Fine Art
January 16-March 8
508 W. 26th St., Suite 9C
New York, NY 10001
Click through for more of Nir Arieli's work >>>
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality