In the Galleries: Inframen
BY Christopher Harrity
January 15 2014 9:00 AM ET
Nir Arieli’s upcoming show “Inframen” takes viewers one layer deeper, stripping male dancers not only of clothes but also skin. Arieli uses an infrared photographic technique to photograph underneath the outermost layers of skin revealing sun damage, stretch marks, hidden marks, and scars. His images fuse masculinity and vulnerability, finding imperfections in the idealized male form.
"Inframen" will open Thursday at Daniel Cooney Fine Art gallery in New York City.
Daniel Cooney Fine Art
January 16-March 8
508 W. 26th St., Suite 9C
New York, NY 10001
Click through for more of Nir Arieli's work >>>
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality