PHOTOS: Aussie Mardi Gras Madness
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 04 2013 4:00 AM ET
Bikers entertain the crowds in Sydney's annual Mardi Gras gay pride parade, an event which bills itself as the world's biggest night parade, on Saturday. The parade is in its 35th year and is celebrating the theme "Generations of Love," focused on its origins as a gay rights protest march that ended with violence and arrests. Some 10,000 revellers on 115 individual floats made the journey down Oxford Street, hub of Sydney's gay and lesbian nightlife, in a vibrant show featuring drag queens, political parodies, and plenty of sparkle.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics 23 min 23 sec ago
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? 30 min 57 sec ago
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President 1 hour 11 min ago
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics 2 hours 8 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes 2 hours 23 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn 2 hours 40 min ago
- Women Pussy Riot To Be Freed 2 hours 54 min ago