PHOTOS: Aussie Mardi Gras Madness
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 04 2013 5:00 AM ET
Bikers entertain the crowds in Sydney's annual Mardi Gras gay pride parade, an event which bills itself as the world's biggest night parade, on Saturday. The parade is in its 35th year and is celebrating the theme "Generations of Love," focused on its origins as a gay rights protest march that ended with violence and arrests. Some 10,000 revellers on 115 individual floats made the journey down Oxford Street, hub of Sydney's gay and lesbian nightlife, in a vibrant show featuring drag queens, political parodies, and plenty of sparkle.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend