PHOTOS: Aussie Mardi Gras Madness
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 04 2013 4:00 AM ET
Bikers entertain the crowds in Sydney's annual Mardi Gras gay pride parade, an event which bills itself as the world's biggest night parade, on Saturday. The parade is in its 35th year and is celebrating the theme "Generations of Love," focused on its origins as a gay rights protest march that ended with violence and arrests. Some 10,000 revellers on 115 individual floats made the journey down Oxford Street, hub of Sydney's gay and lesbian nightlife, in a vibrant show featuring drag queens, political parodies, and plenty of sparkle.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment