PHOTOS: Aussie Mardi Gras Madness
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 04 2013 5:00 AM ET
Bikers entertain the crowds in Sydney's annual Mardi Gras gay pride parade, an event which bills itself as the world's biggest night parade, on Saturday. The parade is in its 35th year and is celebrating the theme "Generations of Love," focused on its origins as a gay rights protest march that ended with violence and arrests. Some 10,000 revellers on 115 individual floats made the journey down Oxford Street, hub of Sydney's gay and lesbian nightlife, in a vibrant show featuring drag queens, political parodies, and plenty of sparkle.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco