Pride Season: Spain Puts On a Party
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2013 2:22 PM ET
Maspalomas Gay Pride has become the second largest gay event of Spain (after the one in Madrid). For a week, different cultural and political activities and drag shows are held on the island. One of the highlights was the main parade on Saturday, which took thousands of gay men and women through the streets of Playa del Ingles to the Yumbo Center. At the main square of the Yumbo Center awaits a big stage, with big shows, acts, and an outdoor dance party. Every day the party continues in the many gay bars and clubs in the Yumbo Centrum. Enjoy this selection of images and make a date to go next year.
Click through for more images.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide