A Worldwide Day of Protest Against Discrimination
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2013 1:59 PM ET
Serbian activists in central Belgrade mark the International Day Against Homophobia with rainbow colors. Two thirds of Europe's LGBT people are still afraid to be public about their identity, and a quarter have been victims of physical or verbal attacks, according to a European Union report released Friday.
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?
- Op-ed: 22 Reasons Queer History Is Important