PHOTOS: Remembering The Birth of Pride
BY Jamie Scot
June 12 2013 5:00 AM ET
Artifacts of Early Activism
LGBT protesters picket the ABC offices concerning the broadcast of the Marcus Welby, M.D., episode "The Outrage." The demonstration was one of many over the misrepresentation of LGBT people by the media.
Gaby front cover and inside pages: Behavior modification product manual advertising electroshock therapy devices used to treat homosexuals in the 1950s, property of ONE National Gay and Lesbian Archives.
One of the "Fagots [sic] Stay Out" signs that instigated the Gay Liberation Front protests against Barney's Beanery. 1969.
Gay Liberation Front protest on the streets regarding the first gay pride parade permits, June 1970
"Let Every Pansy Bloom" banner at the San Francisco Gay Freedom Day pride parade, June 25, 1978
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 12 min 26 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 32 min 3 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 45 min 57 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 2 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 13 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 30 min ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 2 hours 30 min ago