PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2013 8:00 AM ET
A woman kisses her partner dressed as a bride as supporters of LGBT rights take part in the 12th Croatian Gay Parade. Croatia has never had a same-sex marriage, but conservative activists say they want to block the possibility, after the center-left government said it was preparing a law that would enable same-sex couples to register as "life partners." Some 1,000 supporters of a conservative group calling for a referendum to ban same-sex marriage marched to Croatia's Parliament Friday to hand over a petition signed by one fifth of the EU-bound country's electorate.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes