PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
First the French Open was interrupted by a protester from the antigay group, Homen, and then on July 21 demonstrators lined the way as the pack in the Tour de France rode past the Chateau de Versailles, outside Paris. But no matter which event they interrupt next, it won't stop marriage equality. The law has already been passed and signed.
Guy Martineau-Sepel and Jean-Michel Martin finally kiss at the Arcangues City Hall during their wedding ceremony on July 22. The mayor of Arcangues, Jean-Michel Colo, made headlines when he refused several times to allow any same-sex couples to wed. He's now being sued.
The couple leaves city hall after getting married.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'