PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
First the French Open was interrupted by a protester from the antigay group, Homen, and then on July 21 demonstrators lined the way as the pack in the Tour de France rode past the Chateau de Versailles, outside Paris. But no matter which event they interrupt next, it won't stop marriage equality. The law has already been passed and signed.
Guy Martineau-Sepel and Jean-Michel Martin finally kiss at the Arcangues City Hall during their wedding ceremony on July 22. The mayor of Arcangues, Jean-Michel Colo, made headlines when he refused several times to allow any same-sex couples to wed. He's now being sued.
The couple leaves city hall after getting married.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England