PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- Member of Famed Conservative Family Comes Out, Endorses Marriage Equality
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court