PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust