PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word