PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 9 min 44 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 19 min 35 sec ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 46 min 5 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 53 min 20 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 4 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 5 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 57 min ago