PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 3:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 22 min 56 sec ago
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 24 min 11 sec ago
- World News WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy 31 min 17 sec ago
- Crime Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York 42 min 43 sec ago
- Sports IOC Head Warns Athletes Against Protesting in Sochi 53 min 35 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Australia's First Same-Sex Spouses 1 hour 10 min ago
- Media Should Edie Windsor Be Time's Person of the Year? 1 hour 23 min ago