PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Pope Francis arrived in Brazil on July 22 for his first foreign trip as pontiff and was met with protestors. A woman here holds a poster reading "For The Right to Love" as atheists, LGBT activists and members of Anonymous protest for several causes, including outrage over the $53 million from public coffers spent on the pope's visit to their country. Meanwhile, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff offered a welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis at the Guanabara Palace in Rio de Janeiro.
A man holds a balloon reading "God Is Gay" as he demonstrates in the streets of Rio de Janeiro.
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days