PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Protesters on July 19 in Port-au-Prince urged lawmakers not to pass legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Haiti. The demonstration, organized by several religious groups, came two days after watchdog groups condemned what they say is an increase in threats targeting LGBT people in Haiti.
A group called the Haitian Coalition of Religious and Moral Organizations said three weeks ago that it disagreed with recent laws in other countries supporting same-sex marriage.
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- The Hidden Message In Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Slate's Dear Prudence Tells Bisexual Reader to Stay Closeted