PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Protesters on July 19 in Port-au-Prince urged lawmakers not to pass legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Haiti. The demonstration, organized by several religious groups, came two days after watchdog groups condemned what they say is an increase in threats targeting LGBT people in Haiti.
A group called the Haitian Coalition of Religious and Moral Organizations said three weeks ago that it disagreed with recent laws in other countries supporting same-sex marriage.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community