PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Protesters on July 19 in Port-au-Prince urged lawmakers not to pass legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Haiti. The demonstration, organized by several religious groups, came two days after watchdog groups condemned what they say is an increase in threats targeting LGBT people in Haiti.
A group called the Haitian Coalition of Religious and Moral Organizations said three weeks ago that it disagreed with recent laws in other countries supporting same-sex marriage.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City