PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 4:00 AM ET
Protesters on July 19 in Port-au-Prince urged lawmakers not to pass legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Haiti. The demonstration, organized by several religious groups, came two days after watchdog groups condemned what they say is an increase in threats targeting LGBT people in Haiti.
A group called the Haitian Coalition of Religious and Moral Organizations said three weeks ago that it disagreed with recent laws in other countries supporting same-sex marriage.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us