PHOTOS: International Love... and Hate
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 24 2013 3:00 AM ET
Protesters on July 19 in Port-au-Prince urged lawmakers not to pass legislation that would legalize same-sex marriage in Haiti. The demonstration, organized by several religious groups, came two days after watchdog groups condemned what they say is an increase in threats targeting LGBT people in Haiti.
A group called the Haitian Coalition of Religious and Moral Organizations said three weeks ago that it disagreed with recent laws in other countries supporting same-sex marriage.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: What If Stonewall Happened Now?
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role