PHOTOS: Global Activism and Celebrity Support
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2013 10:50 AM ET
From protests of Russia’s antigay laws to celebrities receiving awards for their dedication to equality, support for the LGBT community continues to grow around the globe.
A crowd of people sing the Russian national anthem at the Stockholm Olympic Stadium Sunday while raising rainbow flags in solidarity with LGBT Russians. A project called Live and Let Love will use footage from the event to be combined with that of with other singers and musicians from around the world to make a video that will be shown on YouTube ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Op-ed: The Gay Truth About Ronald Reagan