PHOTOS: Global Activism and Celebrity Support
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2013 10:50 AM ET
From protests of Russia’s antigay laws to celebrities receiving awards for their dedication to equality, support for the LGBT community continues to grow around the globe.
A crowd of people sing the Russian national anthem at the Stockholm Olympic Stadium Sunday while raising rainbow flags in solidarity with LGBT Russians. A project called Live and Let Love will use footage from the event to be combined with that of with other singers and musicians from around the world to make a video that will be shown on YouTube ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps