The Return of Eden Riegel
BY Ross von Metzke
October 16 2008 11:00 PM ET
What was your first day back on the set like? Is it
just like going home? Yeah. Like I never left. But I was really
nervous this time.
Why? I’m so excited about the story and I
really, really want to do a good job. I’ve been
away for a while. I’ve been doing other things.
I’ve been doing comedy a lot. I don’t
know -- maybe it’s that my entrance happens to
be so dramatic. Ordinarily, when I come back, I have a few
days of chats with Kendall, or "Hey, mom, how’s
it going?" I’m not normally thrust into the
middle of a story.
I know one of the things you’ve been doing in
your down time is the Web series Imaginary
Bitches, which reunites you with a bunch of your
AMC costars, including Maggie, for AMC fans. We’ve been dying to work together again,
so this was a good excuse. It came about -- my husband
thinks it’s really funny when I curse because it
sounds so foreign coming from me. So when I curse I sort of
laugh and get bashful, and he always thought that was
really hilarious. So when I was away shooting the
movie that I did, Year One [with Jack Black,
out next year], he came up with this story about a girl
who has imaginary friends who are really bitchy who say
really terrible, slutty, very wrong things, and the
only way you know what they’re saying is that I
repeat things. He thought it would be hilarious to get me to
say those kinds of things.
Well now, I have to ask you, what was your absolute
favorite thing to let loose and say? Oh my God. The line that I barely could utter
was, in the priest episode, we’re in the pool
-- I invite the priest over later, and he’s very,
very sexy and he’s wearing only a Speedo. One
of my imaginary friends, Heather says, that he
shouldn’t wear a shirt so that she can wash her
panties on his abs while she’s wearing them.
Yeah, that’s kind of harsh. [Laughs] That image gets me every time.
But yes, there have been some really good lines. They
say all the things in conversation that you wish that
you could say but you never quite get there in time.
Do we have more of those to look forward to? I hope so. We usually shoot them in L.A., but I
have this fantasy of doing bitches in the city, so
maybe we’ll get there.
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 24 min 50 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 1 hour 25 min ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM