Keeping It Real
BY Dan Avery
December 15 2008 12:00 AM ET
five housemates are ostensibly straight, though mostly not
narrow. (Iraq war vet Ryan, 23, might have the toughest
time adjusting to his diverse household.) And there
are a few question marks, most notably Chet, a devout
Mormon who exhibits classic metrosexual tendencies --
like getting a manicure and commenting on his male
roommates’ attractiveness. In the first episode, we
see at least one cast member questioning his
sexuality, and J.D. reveals he got Chet to dance in
the spotlight at raunchy gay dance club Splash. Then
there’s Scott, a fitness model-personal trainer
with abs for days.
OK, so that one
might be wishful thinking.
to wait for the season unfold to see if sexuality becomes a
major issue in the house, but viewers will be able to check
out unedited and uncensored clips online at The Real World Dailies website.
Adding a level of
transparency, Real World executive producer Jim
Johnston will also write a weekly blog covering much
of the behind-the-scenes action. We could be looking at more
of the same from the long-running series, or this
could very well be the realest Real World in
years. Tune in and find out.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 7 min 26 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 42 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 2 hours 56 min ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 3:17 PM
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2:47 PM